Full-stack web and mobile developer
In my 18+ years of experience I have covered most aspects of Internet development including consulting, website architecture design, web application development, database design and administration, server configuration and administration, performance optimization for medium and high traffic websites, as well as project management for small, medium and large scale projects.
Ultimately I enjoy the balance that is the result of doing both front and back-end development, that's how I ended up being a full-stack developer.
I firmly believe technology should make our everyday life easier, I do my best to reflect this in the work I deliver.
I developed my first website in 1996. In 1999 developing for the Internet became my full-time profession.
A challenging project for the Department for Education, I'm currently part of a skillful team of developers, testers and UX designers. The chosen stacks are NodeJs + ExpressJs together with the pure HTML, jQuery and GDS standards for the back-end, and Angular 4+ for the front-end.
Check out some of the new Radio homepages:
I joined a team of skilled web developers to produce and maintain a wide range of projects, in this case the chosen platform was Drupal 7 (PHP/jQuery/HTML/SASS).
Hired as a full stack developer, I contributed in the continuous development and maintenance of iBroadcast publishing tools, I was also involved in developing new tools that were to be launched in 2015.
Wagstaffs Design was in need of a developer capable of delivering a complete solution, the challenge was creating an interactive map on large screens for the Mall of Berlin, this came in the form of a 3D Unity map integrated to a Drupal site with a complex jQuery layer. I assessed the project, re-did 85% of it and delivered it as expected.
The second project I worked on was LocaLove, a Drupal 7 site that relies heavily on its responsiveness.
I also helped the agency to set-up a Linux based development environment at their office and to start using an Agile approach on their projects.
- Mall of Berlin - http://www.mallofberlin.de
In this short contract I was hired to work on the analysis and prototype code to migrate Croner-I products into Drupal 7 platform. The content was provided in XML Smart Content format, the approach for the migration was a Drush command combined with OO, Drupal compliant PHP code.
I joined the World Service Responsive team which was in charge of developing brand new responsive websites for BBC News in 28 languages. A mobile-first, progressive enhancement approach was adopted to develop a fresh and modern user experience for more than 1200 devices, here are some of the sites:
BBC News language sites on responsive was the People's Voice Winner in 2014, have a look:
This was a role that involved front and back-end development as well as server configuration and fine-tuning, all in an Agile development environment. This first class team used to follow the best Drupal and coding standards and practices. Our achievements include:
- Development of a new website for Autocar – http://www.autocar.co.uk
- New theme and functionality expansion for What Hi-fi – http://www.whathifi.com
- Further developments and bug fixing of Virtual Venue Visit – http://www.virtualvenuevisit.com
- Development of a new, multi-locale website for Stuff magazine – http://www.stuff.tv
- Development of a new website for Four Four Two – http://www.stuff.tv
- Development of What Hi-fi Awards
- Further developments and ongoing maintenance of the following business units:
For Public Zone my main responsibility was finishing The Urban Gateway. I took over the development of this United Nations website first by fixing existing bugs and architecture problems and then expanding the functionality to meet the client's requirements.
Amongst the websites delivered are:
For Brainstorm Digital I did a wide range of work that included developing Drupal websites from scratch based on flat designs, working on existing Drupal websites to expand their functionality, an example of the latest is the Jewish Historical Society of England, for them I built a Drupal module to convert a PDF book into nodes (web pages), all linked by a main index and other standard navigation. Finally, I also worked in modifying and extending a complex PHP/MySql custom built CMS that is being used by several of their clients.
Firechaser Ltd (acquired in 2012 by Made Media) specialised in developing Drupal websites integrated to Tessitura, a ticketing software system. Their main clients were large venues such as the Southbank Centre, Roundhouse (Camden Town), King's Place, Rose Theatre (Kingston upon Thames), Wigmore Hall, Cheltenham Festival, Newcastle National Theatre, Shetland Islands Boxoffice, Young Vic, Grange Park Opera and more, for each of these clients we designed and delivered state-of-the-art Drupal websites that offer online ticket purchase and reservation to their customers.
My responsibilities involved amongst others: continuous development and maintenance of a Drupal module and submodules to integrate Tessitura into our websites; integration of different e-commerce solutions such SagePay and TNS; development and implementation of an intuitive and friendly checkout process and in general all aspects of the web development process, including dealing directly with clients to provide advice, support and integral solutions.
Some of the websites delivered:
- Southbank Centre - http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk
- Roundhouse - http://www.roundhouse.org.uk
- Young Vic Theatre - http://www.youngvic.org
- King's Place - http://www.kingsplace.co.uk
- Wigmore Hall - http://www.wigmore-hall.org.uk
- Theatre Royal (Newcastle) - http://www.theatreroyal.co.uk
- Grange Park Opera - http://www.grangeparkopera.co.uk
- Shetland Islands Box office – http://www.shetlandboxoffice.org
- Cheltenham Festival – http://www.cheltenhamfestival.com
- National Theatre – (early development phase)
Not enough? Find out more in my LinkedIn profile
I am constantly upgrading my skills, currently these are the core ones.
- Node / Express
- React (with Redux and Immutable)
- jQuery and popular libraries (_underscore, Ramda, etc.)
- LAMP - PHP, Apache, MySql, PHP
- MEAN - MongoDB, Express, Angular, Node
- MERN - MongoDB, Express, React, Node
- LAMP - Linux, Apache, MySql, PHP
- HTML (HTML5)
- SASS / LESS
- Mongo DB
- Cosmos DB
- Jasmine (and popular libraries)
- Protractor for Angular
- Enzyme for React
- Unit testing
Use the form below to message me.
Alternatively, email me at hello [at] pris54.co.uk - I'll get back to you as soon as possible